P30 Pro is Huawei’s newest flagship that launched back in March
P30 Pro is Huawei’s newest flagship that launched back in March – the phone remains one of the best Android offerings on the market for everything it does right.
P30 Pro is most notable for its rear camera system that is arguably the best on any handset at the moment.
The Chinese device comes with a 40-megapixel primary sensor that is accompanied by an 8-megapixel telephoto lens, a 20-megapixel ultra wide-angle shooter and a time-of-flight (TOF) sensor.
The quartet combine to deliver the most diverse camera system on a smartphone right now.
P30 Pro also flaunts a beautiful design, a hefty 4,200mAh battery and commendably fast performance.
Express.co.uk praised the hardware when we reviewed it earlier this year, saying we believed it was “the most complete smartphone so far in 2019”.
It seems many Android fans have gravitated towards the device since release, helping Huawei increase its revenue year-over-year.
The Chinese tech giant recently discussed its business results for the first half of 2019 and confirmed it made 401.3 billion yuan (£47.91 billion) during the period.
This was said to have represented a 23.2 percent increase year-over-year – the firm’s profit margin was noted to be 8.7 percent during the first half of 2019, too.
In particular, Huawei said its consumer business, that includes smartphones, saw sales revenue of 220.8 billion yuan (£26.36 billion) during the same period of time.
Huawei recently announced it had shipped 10 million P30 series units as of June 20
Huawei smartphone shipments were said to be up 24 percent year-over-year, too – reaching 118 million.
It is worth noting this figure also includes Honor phones, too.
Huawei’s Chairman, Liang Hua, declared the firm continued to see growth despite being added to the United States Commerce Department’s entity list back in May.
He explained: “Revenue grew fast up through May.
“Given the foundation we laid in the first half of the year, we continue to see growth even after we were added to the entity list.
“That’s not to say we don’t have difficulties ahead. We do, and they may affect the pace of our growth in the short term.
“But we will stay the course. We are fully confident in what the future holds, and we will continue investing as planned – including a total of 120 billion yuan in research and development this year.
“We’ll get through these challenges, and we’re confident that Huawei will enter a new stage of growth after the worst of this is behind us.”
At the end of June Donald Trump met with Chinese president Xi Jinping at the G20 in Japan
Although not mentioned specifically, it is presumed the P30 Pro played a part in the Huawei victory.
The firm recently announced it had shipped 10 million P30 series units as of June 20.
Huawei’s latest financial news follows a period of uncertainty and disappointment – as mentioned earlier, the firm was put on a US entity list in May that prevented US firm’s from trading with the Chinese OEM.
Following the move, Google suspended Huawei’s Android licence, putting the future of software updates and patches for its devices in doubt.
While Google’s Android block was immediately put in place, it was later delayed to August 19 after the US Commerce Department granted Huawei an extension on its ability to do business with American firms.
Huawei has since expressed confidence a range of its handsets will receive Google’s forthcoming Android Q, despite current circumstances.
The OEM said: “We are confident that our most popular devices, including the P30 series, will be able to access Android Q. We have been working with third parties for many months to ensure devices will be able to receive Android Q updates.
Huawei has expressed confidence a range of its smartphones will receive Android Q
“Technical preparations and testing has already begun for over 17 devices. In fact our Mate 20 Pro has already been given approval to receive Android Q as and when it is released by Google.”
At the end of June Donald Trump met with Chinese president Xi Jinping at the G20 in Osaka, Japan, and said he would let US companies sell their equipment to Huawei.
He stated: “US companies can sell their equipment to Huawei.
“We’re talking about equipment where there’s no great national security problem with it.
“I said that’s okay, that we will keep selling that product, these are American companies that make these products. That’s very complex, by the way.
“I’ve agreed to allow them to continue to sell that product so that American companies will continue.”
Despite the comments from the US president, Huawei remains on the country’s entity list.
On July 22, the Republican met with a range of tech CEOs, including from Google, that reportedly requested “timely licensing decisions” from the Department of Commerce surrounding Huawei.
Trump was said to have agreed with them but no concrete decisions surrounding the future of Huawei and the US appear to have been made since.